Labelling working group
Final report available
ICRA recognises that whilst many content providers are supportive of self-labelling, a variety of logistical and technological hurdles can sometimes prevent them from doing so. In response, ICRA has established a new working group to find improved methods for labelling content.
The labelling working group is being run in parallel with the vocabulary review group. The aim is to publish both a new descriptive vocabulary and labelling mechanism by the end of 2004.
The objectives of the labelling working group are:
- To analyse the challenges faced by large, complex sites in labelling their content
- To develop generic tools and techniques that could be used by a wide range of sites
- To test these tools on existing ICRA member sites to ensure 100% compliance
- To distribute and promote the labelling tools and techniques to the wider internet community
- To provide an interim report to the ICRA Board in September and a final report in December
The Working Group is being chaired by David Young, Verizon's Director of Technology Policy and consists of representatives from ICRA members AOL Europe, BT, T-Online and Yahoo! In addition, Blogwise.com, Kingston Communications and WebHost Automation will also be providing crucial independent advice and expertise. The working group will be supported by ICRA staff.
June to December 2004
Although the LWG's remit has ended, the work to develop improved labelling methods is continuing under the Quatro project.
| Powered by